What is a Learning Management System (LMS)?
A learning management system (LMS) is responsible for deploying, tracking, summarizing and reporting on training programs. Tortal Training offers a standard LMS or customizable LMS options to better serve an organization’s needs and goals. All training courses and lessons are uploaded into their LMS; Online learners access online training materials through the LMS.
Benefits of a Learning Management System
- Safe and Easy Access: An LMS is an online hub kept safe by password protection. Online training materials are uploaded and then available to all authorized learners in real-time.
- Results and Reporting: Managers have access to view staff members who have yet to fulfill training obligations.
- Customizable Dashboards: Each employee can access his or her own dashboard where required trainings are uploaded.
- Compliance: Certain trainings are required in order for an organization to stay compliant. The lms training software assists in addressing any non-compliancy issues.
- Complete Training Management: The LMS handles all tasks related to the delivery and management of e-learning materials. Enrollment, course completion and reporting tasks are done in a single hub.
- New Hire Training: An LMS can house all of the online training materials required for a new employee to complete and get up to date on his or her training. Managers can easily enroll a new employee in an onboarding e-learning course within the LMS platform and track his or her advancements through the materials.
Tortal’s Learning Management System Features
- OpenSesame – OpenSesame seamlessly integrates into Tortal’s LMS to provide users with a catalogue of over 20,000 high-quality curated online training materials across 130 categories.
- Self-Authoring Tool – Our easy-to-use Self-Authoring Tool puts you in the driver’s seat. You can take all of your company’s training documents and training videos, and use Tortal Training’s LMS training software to turn your content into quality training material. The Self-Authoring Tool is built right into the Learning Management System to provide unprecedented flexibility and will help you take your online training to the next level.
- LMS Customizations – Tortal will customize your Learning Management System to meet your needs and requirements.
- Metrics and Measurement -Track who is taking your training, who has completed modules and units, how they have scored on embedded quizzes and games . . . and how effectively they applying their new skills and knowledge.
- Training on Mobile Devices – Tortal takes a different approach. Our mobile friendly LMS doesn’t just make training available on mobile devices, but we design training materials for the mobile experience.
- Support – A training development company is only as good as the level of support it provides! Here the Tortal Training team is unequaled. We’re here to answer questions, modify learning materials, resolve technical issues . . . and more.
- Optional Add On: Out of the Box – It doesn’t make sense for organization to invest precious funds developing their own unique content to teach widely-known competencies. At Tortal, we’ve taken the time to create Learning Out of the Box, quick learning solutions that can be deployed in hours.
Tortal Training meticulously developed an LMS with all of things required to meet an organization’s training goals. Individuals in charge of training will spend less time on the disbursement and tracking of training materials with the automated reporting system; content and tracking tools are provided directly through Tortal Training.
- Can the e-course offering on an LMS be changed after launch?
The beauty of the right LMS is the ability to add or delete course offerings at any time. New information and materials can be added through the system and delivered immediately.
- What does the tracking tools in Tortal’s LMS help me manage?
An LMS from Tortal Training assists in tracking training progression and checking to see if each employee has met performance milestones. Analytical tools flag areas of concern and also highlight employee strengths. Detailed reporting helps make determinations on whether training materials need to be changed.
- Does Tortal have experience with a Franchise LMS?
Of course! At Tortal, we have worked with many training materials and lms for franchises. We can customize a franchise learning management system, or you may be interested in our Out of the Box training management software.